Date written: July 8th, 2007
Bible Text: Lamentations 3:21-24
TITLE: His Mercies Are New Every Morning
PROPOSITION: God’s mercies are new every morning because 1) God is present, 2) God’s blessings continue, 3) The Old Things are passed away, and 4) God’s promises are sure.
OBJECTIVE: That we can wake up each morning knowing that the mercy of the Lord is available.
1. Read: Lamentations 3:21-24
2. About the Text:
1) The book of Lamentations is the mourning of Jeremiah over the destruction of Jerusalem.
2) In the book Jeremiah speaks of unimaginable suffering on the part of the people.
3) Nevertheless, he consoles both himself and the people with images of the character of God.
4) One such aspect of God’s character is His mercy.
5) Jeremiah gained hope because of this aspect of God’s character.
6) It was due to God’s mercy that they were not utterly consumed.
7) Because of this, Jeremiah could put his trust in God and hope in Him.
8) One of the aspects of God’s mercy that Jeremiah mentions is that they are new every morning.
9) Morning is such a beautiful time of the day.
10)Everything is fresh and new and getting started.
11)In spiritual things as well, we have great reason to receive new mercies from God each morning.
12)Let’s consider some reasons why we, like Jeremiah, can believe that God’s mercies are new every morning.
3. Ref. to S, T, P, O, and A.
I. His mercies are new every morning because God is Present
1. The simple fact of God’s being present each morning renews for us his mercies.
2. Ephesians 4:6 “One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”
3. Isaiah speaks concerning God’s eternal presence: “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isaiah 40:28-31).
4. Deuteronomy 7:9 “Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;”
5. Psalm 100:5 “For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”
6. Regardless of what we do in our life, God is always present and faithful.
7. Because of this, every morning we awake, God’s mercies are new and fresh.
II. His mercies are new every morning because God’s Blessings Continue
1. Physical blessings.
1) Genesis 8:22 “While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.”
2) Matthew 5:45 “for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
3) Acts 14:17 “Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.”
2. Spiritual Blessings
1) Galatians 3:14 says that Christ redeemed us “That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
2) Acts 3:26 “Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
3) Ephesians 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:”
3. Because God’s blessings continue, his mercy is new every morning.
III. God’s mercies are new every morning because Old Things Are Passed Away
1. Wouldn’t it be great to wake up in the morning and have all of our past mistakes erased?
1) This is, in essence, what God does to those who choose to live for him.
2) Consider 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
3) Also Romans 6:4 “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”
4) While we may have to live with the consequences of some of our past choices, we don’t have to live with the guilt.
5) If we are in Christ, the old things are passed away.
2. Paul exhorts us to live our lives like this on a daily basis.
1) Philippians 3:13-14 “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
2) Colossians 3:10 “And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:”
3. Because the old things have passed away, God’s mercies are new every morning.
IV. His mercies are new every morning because God’s Promises are Sure
1. Titus 1:2 tells us that Paul served God, “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.”
2. Jeremiah 32:42 “For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.”
3. 2 Corinthians 1:18-20 “But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay. For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.”
4. Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)”
5. Jesus was resurrected in the morning. His resurrection is a promise that we will one day be resurrected as well. Romans 8:11 “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”
6. Because God’s promises are sure, God’s mercies for are new every morning.
1. His mercies are new every morning because…
1) God is present.
2) God’s blessings continue.
3) The Old Things are Passed Away
4) God’s promises are sure.
Sermon Outlines,Topical Sermon Outlines
>>Here is the Original Post!<<<
Bible Verse of the Day
- Awesome Gospel: The Church of Christ, Approved by God
- Awesome Gospel: Sermon on Optimism – Bible Optimism
- Awesome Gospel: Back to School | BibleTalk.tv
- Awesome Gospel: His Mercies Are New Every Morning
- DOWNLOAD: Mark Knopfler – The Long Road mp3 (Video & Lyrics)
- DOWNLOAD Sarah Reeves – Faithful [Mp3, Lyrics & Video]
- DOWNLOAD: We Are Messengers – Come What May mp3 (Video & Lyrics)
- MP3 DOWNLOAD: You Covered Me – Dr. R.A. Vernon & Timothy Reddick [+ Lyrics]
- DOWNLOAD: Vance Joy – Fire And The Flood mp3 (Video & Lyrics)
- MP3 DOWNLOAD: Hillsong Worship – Let There Be Light [+ Lyrics]
- Change Location: A Devotion for Life
- DOWNLOAD: Noah Kahan – Anyway mp3 (Video & Lyrics)
- The Happy Song Lyrics & Video – Delirious
- Doxology Lyrics & Video – Passion ft David Crowder
- Silent Night Lyrics & Video – Chris Tomlin
- Another In The Fire Lyrics – Hillsong UNITED, TAYA
- Faithfulness Lyrics & Video – Hillsong Worship
- In the Presence of Angels Lyrics – Laura Hackett Park
- Jesus We Love You Lyrics & Video – Isabel Davis
- Driven By Love (Spontaneous) Lyrics – Lindy & The Circuit Riders
Praise Songs2 years ago
You Are My Strength Lyrics – Maranda Curtis
African Gospel Songs2 years ago
Have You Heard What The Lord Has Done Lyrics (Ose Iye) – Thando
601-7004 years ago
601 – Watchmen, on the Walls of Zion
Christian Mp3 Songs & Download10 months ago
MP3 DOWNLOAD: You Covered Me – Dr. R.A. Vernon & Timothy Reddick [+ Lyrics]
Worship Songs2 years ago
We Give You Glory Lord As We Honor You Lyrics – Uche Agu
Worship Songs2 years ago
You are the Potter I am the Clay Lyrics – Vineyard
SDA Hymnal Songs2 years ago
Victory in Jesus Lyrics – Eugene Bartlett
African Gospel Songs2 years ago
Boaz Danken – Haufananishwi Lyrics & Video